Manure & Waste Management
The effective management of manure and slurry waste has never been more critical to intensive livestock operations. Strict regulations on the storage and application of manures provide for severe penalties in the event of non compliance.
Additionally, the nutrients in manures and livestock excreta are a valuable resource which are easily lost and degraded in traditional storage and application systems. Manures and slurry are also very bulky and costly to transport and apply.
Spiro-Com High Efficiency Waste Conversion
- Spiro-Com is an aerobic composting system that will convert waste manures or sludge into quality compost in a period of about 30 days.
- The system can be designed for any quantity of manure (30/50/70/100 ton a day).
- The system operates in a closed building. All air and gases will exit through a bio-filter which will deal with odour and ammonia release.
- At the heart of the system are automatically operated spirals which move and agitate the litter.
- The patented spiral system adds air to the manure or sludge to generate the compost process
- Additionally, a separate system pushes air into the manure through channels in the floor.
- The spirals gradually move the composting material along the silo, or chamber
- The manure or sludge can enter the system automatically on a conveyor. It can also be pushed in with a tractor or tipped in from a truck. With the aid of the spirals, it progresses through the system. Around 30 days later it is fully prepared compost that can be either added direct to fields or bagged and stored and sold.
- The system is based on daily turning over the manure or sludge whilst adding air. It can deal with all forms of organic waste. In the case of a poultry farm it can also breakdown the mortality into compost (local regulations permitting).
- The facility can deal with manure & sludge at any level of humidity. It is automatically controlled to produce the desired end result. The dimensions of the facility and speed of the process is determined by the initial humidity of the manure or waste.There are no by-products at the end of the process that need dealing with or disposing of. The water that drains off the manure is reused for the process so no connection to drain is required.
- Approx. 10% of the material needs to be supplied as plant fibre/cellulose to stabilise the material and facilitate rapid composting
- The whole process takes about 30 days. The system turns over the manure or sludge at least once a day whilst adding air. The moisture is both drained and evaporated as steam.
- The fermenting material will reach temperatures up to 70deg C., sufficient to destroy all pathogens
- All air is treated by a sophisticated bio filter to prevent odour.
- The compost that is received at the end is valuable for agriculture. It can be stored, bagged and transported or applied directly to fields.
- The compost is stable, approx 60% dry matter, is sterile and has no odour.
- Easy and safe to handle
- Tested and licensed to agricultural use in Israel and S.Korea
- Fully automatic
- Versatile -works successfully with all forms of organic waste
- Large quantity - 30/50/70/100 ton a day
- No smell
- Re-circulation of wastewater
- Low energy use
For further information - click here